Prof. Dr Narendra Kumar is EHRA Certified Cardiac electrophysiologist (ECES) from European Society of Cardiology, with his doctorate thesis in cardiology on "Atrial
fibrillation ablation" from among the top 50 global ranked clinical University of world (Maastricht University Hospital) .
— Trained globally at some of the most reputed academic hospitals across UK, USA, India, Germany and Netherlands.
— Graduated in Health economics and cardiovascular management from London School of economics.
— Visiting Professor Cardiology for EDU (Germany) and
program chair for an International cardiology program since 2015.
— “International Education Tutor” and also member of European Society of Cardiology task force groups.
— Responsible for approval of “World’s first catheter for epicardial ventricular tachycardia ablation” from TGA for Abbott(USA).
— Primary interest in atrial fibrillation, arrhythmia management, heart failure andcardiovascular economics. With extensive experience with >3000 ablations and cardiac device implantations (including AICD, CRT, Wireless pacemaker & His pacing and Complex devices).
— Nearly 70 publications with >450 citations in the global reputed journals including JACC and Heart rhythm journal.
— 15 years of experience in Cardiology, awarded “NRI of the year award” 2018 for academics by the Times group.
— Awarded the USA “Heart rhythm Society” scholarship 2018 for Advance heart arrhythmia training at St Luke’s medical center at Wisconsin (USA). Soon, he was awarded ” American College of Cardiology” 2019 travel award.
He is triple fellow of:-
1] Royal College of Physicians, Edinburg UK (FRCP)
2] European Society of Medicine (FESC) 3] American College of Cardiology (FACC)
His 2 publications including the ATSCA study” has been referred in late 2017 ACC/AHA/ESC/EHRA/APHRS Expert consensus document on Catheter and surgical Atrial fibrillation ablation.
— worked as a reviewer for journals such as The Lancet and global consultant for prestigious studies as Discovery, pain free-sst, and improve SCA.
— He is a visiting faculty and “teacher of teachers” at various global academics hospitals.
>- 500 video lectures on important medicine and cardiology related topics (>6 K subscribers & > 0.5 M views since late 2017)
— He is also responsible for approvalof World’s first catheter for epicardial VT ablation from TGA for Abbott(USA).
Dr Narendra Kumar
- Oral abstract presentation Kumar, L. Pison, M. La Meir, J. Maessen, H.J. Crijns “Hybrid approach to atrial fibrillation ablation using cryoballoon endocardially and bipolar RF clamp epicardially” at 63rd annual conference of Cardiological Society of India, Mumbai- 2011.
- Majority of atrial fibrillation patient feel headache during cryoballoon ablation. L. Pison, P. Peeters , Y. Blaauw , K. Vernooy , Kumar, S. Philippens , H. Crijns , J. Vlaeyen , J. Schoenen , C. Timmermans . 9th Annual Scientific Congress of the European Cardiac Arrhythmia Society- ECAS Paris, 2013.
- Safety and feasibility of adenosine administration during hybrid atrial fibrillation ablation to test dormant pulmonary vein conduction. A.F.G. Pison, N. Kumar,Y. Blaauw, K. Vernooy, J. Maessen, H.J. Crijns, M. La Meir. Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, Netherlands at 18th World Congress, Canada. 2013.
- Delivered a guest lecture on “India-past, present and future; an insight ” on invitation by director of MBA program of Maastricht University for the Executive MBA batch with average age of 38 years and average work experience of 15 years; the only other speaker being Prof. Frits Van Merode former dean of FHML of university.
- Adenosine testing after endoscopic ablation system (EAS) pulmonary vein ablation for atrial fibrillation. Kumar,Y. Blaauw, C. Timmermans, L. Pison, R.T. Bekke, K. Vernooy, J. Maessen, H.J. Crijns. Venice arrhythmias, Venice. 2013
- Safety and Feasibility of Use of Contact ForceCatheter during Hybrid Procedure for Atrial Fibrillation Ablation. Kumar, L. Pison, M. La Meir, J. Maessen, H.J. Crijns. At ISMICS, Boston. 2014.
- Chaired a session during TM’s 4th World Cardiovascular Online Conference during session 9 on “Epidemiology of Cardiovascular Diseases” and presented “Impact of hybrid procedure for atrial fibrillation ablation on P-wave duration and its association with other pre-operative data.” Kumar,L. Pison, M. La Meir, J. Maessen, H.J. Crijns. 2014.
- Presented & won best abstract award “Adenosine Testing after Atrial Fibrillation Ablation is a Good Advice” at IAACON, Ranchi (India) 2016.
- Participated as faculty at 5thlive Electrophysiology workshop, Chennai 2017 and presented “Atrial fibrillation ablation- For whom, why and how?”
- Participated as faculty at Complex Arrhythmia workshop, Hyderabad 2017 and presented” Atrial fibrillation ablation: using new energy sources”
- Participated as faculty at Atrial fibrillation and Ventricular arrhythmia symposium, New Delhi 2017and presented “Hybrid ablation of atrial fibrillation”
- Kumar N” Adenosine testing after atrial fibrillation ablation is a good advice.” At 82nd Annual Scientific Meeting of the Japanese Circulation Society 2018
- Kumar N“Contact force sensing catheters for atrial fibrillation” at Mayo Clinic- Master Cardiology Course at Medanta, Delhi. June 2018
- Kumar N“Approach to Persistent Atrial Fibrillation ablation” at Satya Sai Hospital, Raipur. Feb 2019
- Kumar N“Management of Complex arrhythmia patient” at Acute Cardiac Care, Spain by European Society of Cardiology March 2019.
- Kumar N “Switching OAC’s in patients on NOACs” at CSI-National Interventional Council, Lucknow April 19.
- Kumar N“Collaboration in Cardiology research for a better tomorrow” at Shanghai Cooperation organization by China govt in May 2019
- Kumar NP wave duration is the crystal ball to predict AF ablation success rate, at Monaco USA EP meet, March 2020
- Kumar NHaemoptysis after Cryoballoon ablation for atrial fibrillation at EHRA 2020, Vienna
- Kumar N“Health and safety issues for a patient in cardiology hospital” The 25th Annual International Atrial Fibrillation Symposium 2020.
- Kumar, N.,Pison, L., la Meir, M., & Maessen, J. Direct visualization of pulmonary vein stenosis after previous catheter ablation. Heart Rhythm, DOI: 10.1016/j.hrthm.2013.10.052. [Impact Factor (IF) =5.1]
- Kumar N,Pison L, La Meir M, Maessen J. Atraumatic lung hernia: A rare complication of minimally invasive surgical atrial fibrillation ablation. Journal of Atrial Fibrillation. 2013;6:3
- Kumar, N.,Pison, L., La Meir, M., Maessen, J., & Crijns, H. J. Testing Of Box Lesion By Adenosine. Journal of Atrial Fibrillation. 12/2013; 6(4).
- Kumar N,Timmermans C, Pison L, Crijns H. Hemoptysis: Deja vu for cryoballoon use for pulmonary vein isolation for atrial fibrillation ablation. Chest. 2014;145:1435 [IF =7.1]
- Kumar N,Timmermans C, Das M, Pison L, Maessen J, Crijns H. Re: Ct imaging of complications of catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation. Clinical Radiology. 2014;69:e367-368 [IF =2.2]
- Kumar N,Pison L, La Meir M, Maessen J, Crijns HJ. Hybrid approach to atrial fibrillation ablation using bipolar radiofrequency devices epicardially and cryoballoon endocardially.Interact CardioVasc Thorac Surg(2014) 19 (4): 590-594.doi: 10.1093/icvts/ivu189 [IF =1.4]
- Kumar N,Blaauw Y, Timmermans C, Pison L, Vernooy K, Crijns H. Adenosine testing after second-generation balloon devices (cryothermal and laser) mediated pulmonary vein ablation for atrial fibrillation. Journal of Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology. 2014;41:91-97 [IF =1.7]
- Kumar N, Phan K, Aksoy I, Pison L, Timmermans C, Maessen J, Crijns H. Management of pulmonary vein stenosis following catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation. Journal of Atrial Fibrillation.08/2014;7:1
- Kumar, N.,Phan, K., Pison, L., & Maessen, J. (2014). Re: Clinical characteristics and prognostic significance of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in patients with atrial fibrillation: results from a multicenter atrial fibrillation registry study. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association, doi:10.1016/j.jamda.2014.08.015. [IF=6.6]
- Kumar, N.,Timmermans, C., Pison, L., & Crijns, H. (2014). Hemoptysis After Cryoablation for Atrial Fibrillation Truth or Just a Myth? 2014;146(5):e173-e175. doi:10.1378/chest.14-1600. [IF=7.1]
- Kumar, N.,Phan, K., Timmermans, C., Pison, L., Meir, M. L., Maessen, J., et al. (2014). Catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation: The missing links. Eur Heart J. doi:10.1093/eurheartj/ehu291
- Phan K, Xie A, Tsai Y-C, Kumar N, La Meir M, Yan TD. Biatrial ablation vs. left atrial concomitant surgical ablation for treatment of atrial fibrillation: a meta-analysis. DOI: 10.1093/europace/euu220.[IF=5.3]
- Phan, K., Xie, A., Kumar, N.,Wong, S., Medi, C., La Meir, M.,Yan, T.D. Comparing energy sources for surgical ablation of atrial fibrillation: A Bayesian network meta- analysis of randomized controlled trials. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2014 Nov 12. DOI:10.1093/ejcts/ezu408: ezu408. [IF=2.8]
- Kumar, N., Aksoy I, Phan, K.,Wainer, J., Timmermans, C. “Coronary spasm during cardiac electrophysiological study following isoproterenol infusion” Interventional Medicine & Applied Science. 6 (4), 183–186, doi:10.1556/IMAS.6.2014.4.7
- Pison, L. Peeters, P. Blauw, Y. Vernooy, K. Kumar, N. Philippens, S. Crijns, H. J. Jean S. J. Timmermans. C. Headache during Balloon Cryoablation for Atrial Fibrillation.doi:10.1093/europace/euu321 [IF=5.3]
- Bonizzi, P.Kumar, N. Zeemering, S. LM. Peeters, R. Pison, L. A Novel P-wave Modeling Method to Assess P-wave Duration Impact After Hybrid Procedure for Atrial Fibrillation Ablation. Conference: Computing in Cardiology 2014. DOI: 10.13140/2.1.4089.8882
- Kumar, N. Dinh, T. Phan, K. Timmermans, C. Das, M. Dassen, W. Phillippens, S. Maessen, J. Crijns, H. Adenosine Testing after Second generation Cryoballoon Ablation(ATSCA) study improves clinical success rate for atrial fibrillation. Europace;1093/europace/euu352 2015 [IF=5.3]
- Kumar, N. Bonizzi, P. Mafi Rad, M. Lankveld, T. “Editorial – Left atrial dyssynchrony time measured by tissue Doppler imaging to predict atrial fibrillation recurrences after pulmonary vein isolation: Is this a mirage or the panacea?” Anadolu kardiyoloji dergisi: AKD = the Anatolian journal of cardiology 2015; 15:123-124 [IF=0.8]
- Kumar, N., Pietro, B., Pison, L. , Phan, K., Lankveld, T., Meir, Mark La.,Maesen, B. Sandro, G., Maessen, J., Crijns, H.Impact of hybrid procedure on P wave duration for atrial fibrillation ablation. Journal of interventional cardiac electrophysiology. 2015. DOI: 10.1007/s10840-014-9969-9 [IF=1.7]
- Phan K, Wang N, Pison L, Kumar N, Hitos K, Thomas SP: Rivaroxaban versus warfarin or dabigatran in patients undergoing catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation: a meta-analysis. International journal of cardiologyInt J Cardiol. 2015 Apr 15;185:209-13.DOI: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2015.03.102 [IF=4.7]
- Kumar N, Dinh T, Magdi Abbas M, Phan K, Manusama R, Philippens S, Maessen J, Timmermans C. Failure to reach the optimal temperature during cryoablation due to refrigerant cylinder problem. Research in cardiovascular medicine 2015;4(1):e25592-e25592.[IF=0.1]
- Phan K, Wang N, Pison L, Kumar N, Hitos K, Thomas SP:Meta-analysis of dabigatran vs warfarin in patients undergoing catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation. International journal of cardiology 04/2015; DOI:10.1016/j.ijcard.2015.04.072 [IF=4.7]
- Kumar, N.,Pison, L., La Meir, M., Maessen, J., Crijns, H. Pulmonary vein stenosis after laser balloon ablation for atrial fibrillation. Journal of American college of Cardiology: clinical electrophysiology. DOI:10.1016/j.jacep.2015.04.001
- Auricchio A, Schloss EJ, Kurita T, Meijer A, Gerritse B, Zweibel S, AlSmadi FM, Leng CT, Sterns LD , PainFree SST Investigators-Kumar N. Low inappropriate shock rates in patients with single- and dual/triple-chamber implantable cardioverter-defibrillators using a novel suite of detection algorithms: PainFree SST trial primary results.Heart Rhythm 2015;12(5):926-36 [IF=5.1]
- Kumar, N.Abbas, M. M. Ter Bekke, R. M. de Jong, C. M. Choudhury, R. Bisht, O. Philippens, S. Timmermans, C. Maastricht experience with the second generation endoscopic laser balloon ablation system for the atrial fibrillation Netherlands heart journal. DOI: 10.1007/s12471-015-0703-8 [IF= 2.2]
- Kumar, N.,Lozekoot, P. The Acute effects of Adenosine Administration After Visually Guided Laser Balloon Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation Treatment and Follow-up. Europace. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/europace/euv196 [IF= 5.3]
- Kumar, N., Pison, P. Lozekoot, R. Choudhury, M. La Meir, S. Gelsomino, H. Crijns, and J. Maessen. “The symbiosis of contact force catheter use for hybrid ablation for atrial fibrillation.” Netherlands Heart Journal 23, no. 9 (2015): 438-446. [IF= 2.2]
- Ha HS, Wang N, Wong S, Phan S, Liao J, Kumar N,Qian P, Yan TD, Phan K. Catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy patients: a systematic review. Journal of interventional cardiac electrophysiology. 2015. DOI: 1007/s10840-015-0047-8 [IF= 1.7]
- Gelsomino S, La Meir M, Van Breugel HN, Renzulli A, Rostagno C, Lorusso R, Parise O, Lozekoot PW, Klop ID, Kumar N, Luca F, Matteucci F, Serraino F, Sante P, Caciolli S, Vizzardi E, De Jong M, Crijns HJ, Gensini GF, Maessen JG. Surgical ablation in patients undergoing mitral valve surgery: impact of lesion set and surgical techniques on long-term success. Europace. DOI euv402 [IF= 5.3]
- Gelsomino S, Lozekoot PW, Lorusso R, de Jong MJ, Parise O, Matteucci F, Luca F, Kumar N,Romano M, Gensini GF, La Meir M, Maessen JG. The Optimal Weaning Strategy for Intraaortic Balloon Counterpulsation: Volume-Based Versus Rate-Based Approach in an Animal Model. Ann Thorac Surg 2015.DOI 10.1016/j.athoracsur.2015.10.010. [IF= 3.9]
- Lozekoot PW, de Jong MM, Gelsomino S, Parise O, Matteucci F, Luca F, Kumar N, Nijs J, Czapla J, Kwant P, Bani D, Gensini GF, Pison L, Crijns HJ, Maessen JG, La Meir M. Contact forces during hybrid atrial fibrillation ablation: an in vitro evaluation. J Interv Card Electrophysiol 2016.[IF= 1.7]
- Gelsomino S, Lozekoot PW, Lorusso R, de Jong MM, Parise O, Matteucci F, Luca F, Kumar N, Dehkord ES, Romano SM, Gensini GF, La Meir M, Maessen JG. A New 35-mm Short Intra-aortic Balloon Catheter: A Suitable Option Also for Non-Small-Sized Patients. Innovations (Philadelphia, Pa). 2016 Feb 19. PubMed PMID: 26901748. Epub 2016/02/24.
- Van Breugel HN, Parise O, Nieman FH, Accord RE, Luca F, Lozekoot P, Kumar N, van Mastrigt GA, Nijs JF, Vrakking R, Maessen JG, La Meir M, Gelsomino S. Does sinus rhythm conversion after cardiac surgery affect postoperative health- related quality of life. Journal of cardiothoracic surgery. 2016;11(1):75. [IF= 1.03]
- Lozekoot PW, de Jong MM, Parise O, Matteucci F, Luca F, Kumar N, et al. The ABLA-BOX: An In Vitro Module of Hybrid Atrial Fibrillation Ablation. Innovations (Philadelphia, Pa). 2016 Jun 27. PubMed PMID: 27355130. Epub 2016/06/30. Eng. The ABLA-BOX: An In Vitro Module of Hybrid Atrial Fibrillation Ablation.Innovations (Phila)Innovations (Philadelphia, Pa). 2016 Jun 27.
- ise, i Kumar, N., Pison L, Gelsomino S, et al. We Know What the Cardiac Surgeon Did During Last Hybrid Arrhythmia Procedure. Innovations (Philadelphia, Pa) 2017;12(1):67-70. doi: 10.1097/imi.0000000000000343
- Wang, Nelson; Phan, Steven; Kanagaratnam, Aran; Kumar, N.; Phan, Kevin Adenosine Testing after Atrial Fibrillation Ablation: Systematic review and meta-analysis. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.hlc.2017.04.020 [IF = 2.1]
- Kumar, N. The surgical atrial fibrillation ablation with concomitant coronary artery bypass grafting on the testing grounds of cost and 1-year mortality. Ann Transl Med 2017. doi: 10.21037/atm.2017.06.68
- Kumar, N. M3 India Expert Review series: Highlighting recent research in Cardiology. https://www.m3india.in/contents/editor_pick/45685/m3-india-expert-review-series-highlighting-recent. August 2017
- Kumar, NSpotlight Interview: Paras HMRI Hospital. https://www.eplabdigest.com/articles/Spotlight-Interview-Paras-HMRI-Hospital. Volume 17 – Issue 11 – November 2017
- Arunachalam, K., Lakshmanan, S., Maan, A., Kumar, N.,& Dominic, P. (2018). Impact of Drug Induced Long QT Syndrome: A Systematic Review. Journal of Clinical Medicine Research, 10(5), 384-390. [IF= 1.53]
- Kumar, N.Sinha AK, Kumar P, Jha AK, Arunachalam K, Kumar S, Zakariya A, Mostafa S. Systemic review and meta-analysis of diagnostic efficacy of fractional flow reserve using computed tomography angiography for first-time diagnosis of coronary artery disease. Res Cardiovasc Med 2018; 7:159-64
- Manish B, Kumar, N. Palak B. Health Technology Assessments – Evidence Based Approach for A Sustainable Future of Healthcare. Biomed J Sci & Tech Res| BJSTR. MS.ID.003440
- Kumar, N. et al. Cost-Effective Analysis of the Use of Computed Tomography Fractional Flow Reserve for Diagnosis and Improvement of Clinical Outcomes in First Time Coronary Artery Disease Compared to Invasive Coronary Angiography”. EC Cardiology 6.9 (2019): 867-875.
- Kumar, N. Mustafa S, James C, Barman M. The economics of healthcare personnel shortage on the healthcare delivery services in the United Kingdom versus the Gulf Cooperation Council. Saudi J Health Sci 2019 127-32; DOI: 10.4103/sjhs.sjhs_169_19
- Kumar, N.,Ranganathan, M. K., James, C., Mustafa, S., Jha, A. K., Aksoy, I., & Barman, M. (2019). Right atrial myxoma presenting as pyrexia of unknown origin. Heart and Mind, 3(3), 122.
- Varghese S, Ohlow MA,
- Kumar N.Cross-country comparison in the evaluation of Evolocumab by health technology assessment agencies in England, Canada, and Australia. Heart Mind 2019;3. 10.4103/hm.hm_17_19
- Kumar, NRanganathan MK, Mustafa S, Saraf K, Timmermans C, Gupta D. Hemoptysis after Cryoablation for Atrial Fibrillation. JAFIB: Journal of Atrial Fibrillation. 2019 Dec 1;12(4).
- Kumar, N., Pasi R, Chacham S, Verma PK. Texidor’s twinge a rare cause of benign paroxysmal chest pain.; Heart Vessels Transplant 2020; 4. doi: 10.24969/hvt.2020.232 (IF= 0.14)
- Kumar, N. Why south Asians including Indians have heart attack at younger age? [recently accepted]
- Kumar, N. Atrial Fibrillation Treatment: Lifestyle Changes, Medications and Ablation [recently accepted]
- Sinha, V. Singh, N. Kumar.Nonfasting Lipid Levels: Clinical Relevance and Implications for Practice. Chapter 35 Book CSI Cardiology Update. Page 66-69. 2018
- Kumar.Concepts of Basic EP study. Bapicon Medicine update 2017
- Kumar.ECG Quiz Perspective 3. Inner circle pulse (Zydus) Page 78-80. 2019
Submitted publication (to journals)
- The Energy Sources for Atrial Fibrillation Ablation: Which and why?
- The use of a mobile technology for detection of Atrial fibrillation as a stroke etiology in a primary care center.
- Rewards and or penalizing the top and bottom health system performers: The methodology and implications for Sweden.
- Public reporting of performance of physicians: Associated challenges and alternative arrangement to evaluate and improve performance.
- Supraventricular tachycardia: Differential diagnosis.
- Catheter Ablation of Valvular Atrial Fibrillation: Systemic review and Meta-analysis.
- Stroke Risk Stratification and Prevention in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation and Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
beti hai vardaan
Join us for a bright career
Covid 19 vaccine interview with news nation
In conversation with newsnation international expert panel about covid19 vaccine NDTV #aajtak# bbchindi
© 2020, HEARTBEATSZ LTD (UK). All rights reserved.
Powered by febtech.in